This is actually one of the best cakes I’ve ever made and best of all: it’s gluten free, dairy free, white-sugar-free and have a HIGH nutritional content. Even my grandma loved it and that tells a lot. In other words: You just have to try it!
3 eggs (organic)
2 dl coconut sugar
2 dl almond flour
1 dl coconut flour
1 tsk ground vanilla bean
1 tsk “fiberhusk”
2,5 tsk baking powder
1 ½ tsk cinnamon (powder)
1 tsk cardamom (powder)
1 tsk ginger (powder)
1 dl cold-pressed canola oil
½ cold-pressed coconut fat
3 dl raw grated carrots
*Add 2 dl walnuts for more crunchiness.
Cream Coconut frosting
3 dl coconut cream (refrigerated, only the coconut meat and not the water)
½ lemon juice and rind
½ tsk ground vanilla bean
2 tsk honey
*Dried coconut flakes for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees
- Place the eggs and the coconut sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until thick and pale
- Place all the “dry” ingredients in a separate bowl and blend carefully
- Sift the dry ingredients in the egg and sugar mixture and gently fold through
- Add the oil, the melted coconut fat and lastly the carrots
- Pour the mixture into a tin of 24 cm and bake for 50-55 minutes (it’s not suppose to be sticky).
Let cool in the tin before frosting time!
- Beat the coconut cream, honey, sea salt, vanilla seeds and lemon, creamy.
- Spread the cake with the frosting and top with the coconut flakes. Disfruta!